Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our disinfection and precautionary processes are designed to keep you both safe and comfortable as you receive care. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our team has implemented a combination of both new and existing precautions to ensure the safety and health of our patients, staff, friends, and families.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies to stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.These changes are to help protect our patients and staff, and they include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Central Texas Periodontics